View our latest vacancies and apply online 24/7
We’re Hiring a Quality Engineer
Location – LEJ Based and willing to travel.
Scope of work
To provide support to the Quality and Safety Manager in the Day-to-day activities of the Quality Department.
This will include but not be limited to the following departmental responsibilities:
- Ensuring that Bostonair Line Maintenance comply with Part 145
- Ensure Part M compliance as detailed by supported operator’s contracts
- Ensure that Bostonair comply with the appropriate Health, Safety and Environmental legislation
- Reporting all deficiencies of the above to the Quality Manager
- Deputise for the Quality Manager when requested
- To ensure that technical information required by line engineers is available in a timely manner
- To advise the Quality Manager of matters affecting the approval held by the company
- To ensure proper records are maintained as required by legislation
- To continually review Quality Department activities
- Ensure that all incidents, accidents and dangerous occurrences are investigated and reported and introduce preventative measures to avoid any reoccurrence
- To assist with the development of the organisation’s Safety Management System including control of the hazard log & risk register
- Continuously monitor safety performance in their area of responsibility and undertake regular safety inspections
Day to Day tasks – Specific to role:
- Carry out audits & technical reports as detailed by Quality Manager
- To complete daily checks of Leipzig & Line Station Aircraft Paperwork for completeness, accuracy
- To monitor overall tool management & calibration at all stations
- To assess & manage engineer’s licence and authorisation applications and CAD Issue including engineer interviews and competence assessments
- To research and compile training courses in MS Powerpoint for the administering of procedural and continuation training to Bostonair Line Maintenance personnel
- Carry out on-site Continuation Training sessions at all Bostonair Line Station locations as required
- To assist with the Occurrence Reporting system including the review of occurrence reports and completing investigations & report writing
- To research & compile Quality Notice Material for distribution
- To review audit results for deficiencies and report to Quality Manager
- Identify and report actual and potential safety hazards as appropriate including risk analysis
- Provide direction to line engineers in respect of Quality issues
- Provide oversight of external audits at line stations when requested
- Admin tasks as required
Qualifications – Preferable
- EASA Part 66 B1 or Category A
- Auditor Training – Not essential
- Good written & verbal communication skills in English
- Computer literate with extensive MS Powerpoint, Excel and Word essential
- Have the capacity to handle a stressful environment and travel at short notice
- Ability to work on own initiative while remaining part of a team
- Working knowledge of Part 145/147/Part M/Part 66 regulations
- Training and presentation skills would be an advantage
- Ability to deal directly and confidently with customers/clients
Previous Experience (Desirable)
- Minimum 5 years experience in a Part 145/Part M environment
- Proven track record as EASA B1 or Category A licensed engineer
- Previous Quality experience would be an advantage
- Boeing, Airbus or Embraer experience would be an advantage
- Preferably from a Line Maintenance background
If you’re interested, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Related NewsView All News Articles
Top 6 reasons why you should consider contract work in aviation..
27th February 2023
Top 6 reasons why you should consider contract work in aviation.. Whether you’re just starting out in the aviation...
NEW TYPES ADDED TO BOSTONAIR TECHNICAL TRAINING’S PART 147 SCOPE OF APPROVAL
10th February 2023
Bostonair Technical Training Limited has received EASA approval to deliver type training courses for both B787-8/9/10 (RR Trent 1000 &...
LONG HAUL RECOVERY, STAFF RECRUITMENT & RETENTION – A LOOK AT WHAT 2023 HAS IN STORE FOR THE AVIATION INDUSTRY & BOSTONAIR FROM OUR MANAGING DIRECTOR.
5th January 2023
Bostonair’s Managing Director of Aviation – Andrew Parker, reflects on the successes of 2022 and what’s in store for 2023…...
MALTA RECRUITMENT EVENT 2023 
21st December 2022
At Bostonair we’re excited to announce that our first recruitment event of 2023 is located in Malta! 📍Located at the...
© Bostonair 2023. All Rights Reserved.